I haven't been as quick to post lately, as our plates have been getting a bit jumbled!
Pat has continued to work on the trailer, getting it enclosed and sealed up!
Yep, Pat is way tougher when getting shot up than I am. He got 5 shots and I got 4. I had to lie down after getting the first two due to the rapid drop in blood pressure! Pat said that I turned gray. Then he said it was all in my head. I reminded him that it had all left my head. This is just round 1 of 3 to complete our shot regime before we go to Africa. Yipee.
The house is becoming more disheveled. It doesn't help my focus, but I am trying to organize the piles as I go. We had our garage/moving sale this last week, so that helped to remove a bunch of stuff with which we were willing to part. Unfortunately, this leaves us with less fun stuff to live on until we leave, like our card table and folding chairs instead of our teak table and stools, but we are thankful that we have something!
I'm also accumulating piles of trash. It's interesting the things that I keep, just to throw away later. I just can't bring myself to discard some of the precious gifts of drawings that I have received. I have a notebook where I keep some of these treasures!
I have still been trying to embrace all things Alaskan, specifically rhubarb! My rhubarb plant got heavily munched on this spring, but has recovered enough to produce a strawberry rhubarb pie! I actually prefer straight rhubarb, but there wasn't quite enough.
We have a new purpose for our Alaska to Africa iron! We are thinking of placing it on the ever-evolving moving trailer. You can see the trim is now finished, and a vent installed.
We are now in the process of selling our cars (one sold during the garage sale - Yay!) and replacing them with another pickup to drive Pat's small trailer down as well. This is change in the original plan, but hey, we are all about change!
1 comment:
so exciting! i still have to chuckle about the shots. . . you and rick could start a club! :)
Post a Comment