3.29.2012

Epic Trip! Finale!

 I promise this will be the last time I show pictures of our cruise!!  It was just so much fun to be out in the sun and warmth!  I don't usually show so much of myself, but I had to showcase some of my most favorite jewelry; my shell necklace!  My nephew and niece made it for me a while ago, and it goes with everything!  I love it!

 We spent some time in the hot tubs, but less than I thought we would.  It was already warm, but the jets felt pretty good on our worked out muscles!!  Relaxing is hard work!  It was interesting to see the movement in the tub/pools from our ship.  In fact, it was surprising to me to feel the movement as much as we did.  There was definitely some rocking and rolling, and even felt like swimming upstream in the pool!  Our swim suits were worn more in the last week than in the last 7 years combined!

 We had our last stop in Nassau, Bahamas.  We didn't book any excursions, and just found a beach to relax.  It was less than we hoped for.  The beach was crowded, a bit dirty, full of spring-breakers, and the water was cold!  But, the air was a little cooler and the sun felt perfect!

 Pat tried a tropical snack, but the milk was less than delicious and the coconut was gelatinous.  Not very appetizing! The sand where it wasn't punctuated with coral, was very soft and cool.

 On our walk in town, we came across this fascinating place of business.  I don't think I'd hire this firm...

 We ended up walking to a historical site called the "Queens Staircase."  It is a large staircase carved in the end of the hand-carved canyon.  The canyon was created by an English Lord, or rather his slaves, to create an invisible escape from the island in case of pirates.  It was an interesting place to visit and learn about, as the stairs were added later as a memorial to Queen Victoria for emancipating the slaves here.  It was a beautiful canyon!


 It was sad to watch the evening come, as we knew we would be disembarking first thing in the morning with an immediate bus ride to the airport.  Nassau wasn't our favorite port, but we really couldn't complain too much about our trip to paradise!  We were sunned, warmed, and pampered throughout, mostly by Maria, our room steward!  She was amazing, even after we scared her with our towel-man!
One of the things we discovered as we traveled in luxury, was that there were a lot of people involved in our comfort.  We tried very hard to show them that we appreciated them and took time to visit and hopefully convey that we believed they were important too.  We felt the pull of entitlement, but instead chose to look for opportunities to be gracious.
We loved our trip and would recommend it to anyone who thinks they may enjoy this sort of thing!

No comments: