1.27.2011

KU's #68

Despite their recent lack of consistency, we were able to witness KU's 68th consecutive win in Allen Fieldhouse!  It is something that I have been dreaming of for years!  Thanks to my brother-in-law's connections (not mob-related, I don't think), he was able to get us tickets while we were in Kansas.  

 Even though Pat has less enthusiasm for KU than I, he was a great sport!  We really enjoyed the museum outside the arena and he even tried his hands at some of the interactive displays (pun intended!)!


 You know I was in awe the entire time, taking pictures sparingly and trying to act like I'd been there a million times.  Fortunately, Pat was less inclined to care what others perceived!  I had goosebumps through the entire beginning!

 Yeah, this was totally staged.  KU was so far ahead within minutes that the poor UMKC Kangaroos stood no chance and we had to change our excitement to hoping they'd make it to 100.  They made it to 99!

I had such a great time!  We took our time leaving, even hanging out around the campus before we cataloged this in our "Most Awesome Dates" file!

1 comment:

TheHappyNeills said...

Glad you guys had such a great time before you had to head back!!!

p.s. I'm late mailing your thank you card from Calvin for his alien....he LOVES it!!!