1.16.2010

Artist at Work


We've been fortunate during this time of less formal employment to have picked up some projects that have provided well for us! Pat had a project of a handrail to build for some friends of ours. This particular handrail was for a spiral staircase, but needed to go on the inside curve along the wood post on which the stairs stood. After much thought and figuring, he came up with a beautiful design and asked me to help! Oh dear.
Yep, that's me! I thought I really looked like I knew what I was doing here. Actually, I had a very good teacher who set me up to not fail! He's good like that.
I thought he was pretty genius in the design and execution. I'm not biased or anything.
He took it in and installed it soon after it was completed. It turned out gorgeous and fits the home's rustic but craftsman feel!

4 comments:

aimymichelle said...

that is pretty dang amazing

JP said...

WOW... you need to advertise those things --he could become famous ( and wealthy!)

Meli n Pat said...

When art becomes a job, it is no longer fun, says the artist!

Les said...

Gorgeous!!!