
After a little bit of paint and Pat's penchant for doing things as well as possible, we put a couple cabinets together to form a type of hutch/cabinet for the bathroom. Since there is no storage in the bathroom, this works so much nicer than my shower curtain-covered shelf-over-a-shoe-storage-thing. I couldn't take a picture of that part of the before. It was just too frightening.

Gosh, it looks so nice in there! It's much nicer to open a door to access supplies rather than lift a shower curtain and search through a cubbyhole.

Oh, there's much more!
A few days back, Pat started the project of the stairs to eliminate the ladder of death to access the loft in the garage. He's been diligently progressing on the project, and it came along very well.




The finished product has been a gorgeous sight to behold! He did a great job and the steps have the grating to prevent snow/ice from building up. He was quite the carpenter and made several difficult corners. I think his Grandad would be proud.


While Pat was preparing his steps, I got going on a few of my own. Beware of starting gardening projects. They grow, too! I guess I should've watered less. Actually, it was a fun project of creating a much needed path of steps down our yard.
We plan on continuing the terracing all the way back to the tree in the background. That tree will be gone soon as well. Cottonwoods are not our friends. We love the tree we planted. It is a Thompson Blue Spruce, a dwarf variety, that won't get over 8 feet or so. We got it to commemorate our 7th anniversary! Speaking of that, those stairs mentioned above were used that night to take me to "Frank's Steak House." After dancing, we had a marvelous moose steak dinner with some fabulous ambiance! Alas, Frank's seems to have disappeared as many restaurants do. At least the tree will be here a while!
6 comments:
WoW! you both do great work! Pat, the stairs look really professional and I am sure your grandad would be proud of you. I sure am!! What a great son and a terrific daughter-in-law that I love as much as my own daughters. I am blessed!1
love, Dad.
Melissa,
Your colorful way of describing things is so fun to read! I'm telling you, you ought to write!
WOW awesome!!! I am jealous!! :) Love you both...Mom
Great projects! I love the pictures with the labs watching Pat at work! Labs are loyal, naughty, but loyal.
Pat, nice work on the stairs!! I think the cabinet in the bathroom needs a little tyvek siding though. Ha Ha!
1) Love the bathroom cabinets, and LOVE that you found them at the dump! That makes them even more amazing!
2) Stairs are incredible! Grandpa IS proud!
3) I love the little steps and garden area, very cute!
4) Pat you're one romantic dude, way to go and happy 7th anniversary! :)
love you both!
Post a Comment