10.02.2006

Autumn Glory!


These trees are on Wolfe Street up from us! The sun was shining on them and it was too beautiful to pass up!
This shows the sun shining on the aspen leaves while the background shows how dark and forboding the sky really was!
This is Mt. Redoubt (named after an early explorer) from the top of Skyline Trail. The light band at the base of the mountain is the Cook Inlet and the Mt. actually rises from sea level to over 10,000 feet. It was/is spectacular!
I was "wasting" film to finish the roll and this shot was at Skilak Lake on the far west side. Not too shabby! I wish I could say that the color really looked that amazing, but it only shows up on film!
This was on our Skyline Trail hike (before the bear hunt) while I was picking wild blueberries beside the trail! It has snowed up on these high elevations, and in fact, the back mountain ranges in this picture are completly white-capped!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Beautiful pictures from a beautiful woman! I really liked the pictures of the golden aspens in the sunlight! Did you get to go bear hunting again after the dissapointing 18 mile trek?
Dad Teakell